Call for applications!
In 2018 the Reg Skene Award for Emerging Theatre Artist is for Acting.
- Resides in Manitoba, or has Manitoba as primary residence.
- Has recently embarked on a career as a performing artist in the theatre.
- Has demonstrated a serious commitment to the theatre.
- Has had an active history of public performance.
- Demonstrates artistic excellence, and/or innovation within their craft.
- Demonstrates exceptional promise as a performing artist in the theatre.
- Equity and non-Equity artists are eligible for this award.
- Minimum age requirement: 18 years of age.
- Emerging artists will generally be defined as someone who has spent 5 years or fewer practicing their craft through public presentation (not including presentations as a student).
- Open to performers in English and French.
Artists may submit their own names for nomination, or be nominated by
an established theatre artist, or by a theatre company.
Applications must include:
- Artist's resume.
- A one-page letter of support from an established theatre artist.
- Applicant’s full address, email and telephone number, and the address, email and telephone number of the supporting theatre professional.
- No other documentation will be considered.
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org no later than midnight, Friday, October 5th, 2018.
Mail - MAP, 503-100 Arthur St., Winnipeg, Mb. R3B IH3, post-marked no later than Friday, October 5th, 2018.
The award ($500.00, and a trophy) will be presented at the Winnipeg Theatre Awards ceremony, Sunday, November 4th, 2018, at the West End Cultural Centre.
For more information, please contact Brian Drader at (204) 942-8941, or by email at email@example.com
For past winners, the award's history, and information on Mr. Reg Skene, please go to the Play Development section of this website.