MAP is inviting submissions for the best play published or produced in 2013/2014
This new Award will be presented at the Manitoba Book Awards, April 2015 for the best play by a Manitoba Playwright, either produced or published, in the calendar years of 2013, and 2014(January 1, 2013-December 31, 2014). The Award is named in honour of Dr. Chris Johnson, Professor of Theatre, University of Manitoba.
- 1. The play will be in English or French
- 2. The play, if produced, must be in a Equity production, where the majority of cast members are Equity.
- 3. The play, if published, must be by a recognized publisher.
- 4. The play may be of any length, any form, any age group intended.
- 5. The play must be submitted by the playwright, with a production history; or,in the case of publication, by a playwright or publisher. No other information is needed, i.e. biographical detail, etc.
- 6. The playwright must have been a resident of Manitoba, or consider Manitoba as his/her permanent residence in the years the award covers.
- 7. The jury selects the winning play. MAP will select the jury, and oversee the process of selection.
- 8. A reading committee maybe formed, depending on number of submissions, to prepare a short list.
- 9. Prize is $1,000, and Award.
- 10. There is a $25 entry fee, in accordance with the rules of the Manitoba Book Awards. (Entries fees are returned to MAP for expenses such as juries, and office expenses.)
All entrants must fill out an application/fee payment: please go to www.manitobabookawards.com for the form and details.
If in manuscript form, by email to email@example.com
If published, two copies to: Manitoba Association of Playwrights, 503-100 Arthur St. Winnipeg, Mb. R3B 1H3
Deadline for Submissions: Postmarked: February 14, 2015 Email: midnight (CST), February 14, 2015.