The nominees for the Harry Rintoul Award (for best new play by a Manitoba playwright in the Winnipeg Fringe Festival) are...
The judges were impressed by the quality of plays by Manitoba playwrights in the Fringe this year. Of the many local plays they saw, the chose six to shortlist. They are:
- Executing Justice by Bil Pats
- La Belle Laide by Jacqueline Loewen
- Lies of Promiscuous Woman by Audra Lesosky
- Mittelschmerz by Kim Zeglinski
- Only Just... by Megan Andres
- Undress Me by Kevin Gabel
The Harry Rintoul Award is presented by the Manitoba Association of Playwrights to the writer of the best new original (ie. not previously produced and not an adaptation) play (ie. not sketch comedy or improv or juggling act) in the Winnipeg Fringe Festival. The award will be announced on Sunday night around 8:00 in Old Market Square, so you still have a few days to get out and see these nominated shows, as well as any of the other very fine shows written by Manitobans.